Friday, January 16, 2015

Dresser upgrade

You guys! I can't even begin to express how happy I am with how this dresser turned out! I got the inspiration from a family friend of mine who I'd hire for a personal decorator in a second. I've been looking for a way to refinish a dresser for my baby's room and when I saw hers I knew I had to do it. The best part is it only took me one weekend to finish (with some sanding help from the hubs). I hope you enjoy it as much as I do!
Here is the before photo.


Here is the after of the dresser.


I'm so happy with how it looks in the room with all the decorations and crib! What do you think?


First I sanded it a bit and used an old white paint I had left over. I only did two coats so when it came to sanding the spots to make it look antique I didn't have to do to much. The drawers are painted with Americana decor chalk paint I found at Home Depot.  After I sanded and distressed, I used Kona stain over all of the drawers and on the edges. Then, only on the sanded spots for the white so it still looked bright white. I found the decorative knobs at Hobby Lobby (I go there like 3 times a week). Last I finished it with a clear paste wax. Which is an item I will be using on everything from now on. Absolutely love!



XOXO Lacie 



No comments:

Post a Comment