Thursday, October 16, 2014

Halloween Rice Krispie treats

I was in charge of bringing treats for my sons pack meeting this month and knew I needed something delicious that I could make a lot of. Then I remembered every time I make these rice krispies they always get eaten and they're quick and fun for the kids. And believe me... There were none left over.


Ingredients:
One box of rice krispies 
One bag of marshmallows 
One bag of caramels (these are the key to delicious gooey krispies)
One stick of butter 

Toppings: 
Almond bark dipping chocolate 
Sprinkles 

Directions: 
Melt your caramels and butter on low heat until the caramels are almost completely melted. You'll still want to be able to see their shape on a few of them. Do not over cook your caramel or your rice krispies will harden. Once the caramels are mostly melted add your marshmallows and stir until gooey. Last, stir in your rice krispies until completely covered. Transfer to a pan and pat down. Once cooled, cut and let the kiddos decorate. 


XOXO Lacie 

No comments:

Post a Comment