Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Wood pumpkins

Wood pumpkins 



I love decorations that can carry on to the next holiday.  That's why these pumpkins are one of my favorites for Fall. Especially since Thanksgiving decor seems to get skipped over. Last year my mom cut down a few of her trees so she had tons of scrap wood lying around. We couldn't just let it go to waste.  Naturally, a Pinterest search was a must. And it didn't disappoint (does it ever)? It was such a cheap easy project. Can't beat that.

What you need:
Wood cut into different lengths
Small twigs for the stems 
Orange paint 
Ribbon/wire/leaves/berries (decoration) 

Cut your wood into different lengths and drill a small hole in the top. That is where you will put your twig to create a stem. Next you will paint the wood. I mixed my paint with water because I wanted a little more of a used worn look. Then hot glue the twig in the hole in top and wrap with Ribbon, string or berries. Thanksgiving won't be forgotten in this home! 

XOXO Lacie 

No comments:

Post a Comment