Saturday, November 8, 2014

Cookie stamping

Ok this is fun! I remember when I was little and stamps were all the rage. My mom had bins full of them. Then they kinda just went away. Thankfully she never got rid of them . Stamps are making a come back with a twist! And it's SO fun! We have a few birthdays going on this weekend and I thought these made a cute personalized treat.




What you need:
Rubber stamps (call your mommas)
Food coloring
Frosted cookies (royal icing)
Qtip


Frost your cookies with royal icing. Let them dry completely threw. I let them dry over night to be sure. We have a post about how to make royal icing here


Now you're ready to stamp. Take your food coloring (they have pens that you could use too) and drop a few drops onto your Qtip and run it over the rubber design of your stamp (cleaned obviously). Quickly but gently press onto your cookie.


Just a tip... The stamps work better if they are smaller rather than if you use a long or larger stamp. I hope you have as much fun with this as I did! 





XOXO Lacie 

1 comment:

  1. Oh my goodness these are SO fun! Lol "Call your mommas", I love it! I would have never thought to use stamps on cookies. I love this.

    ReplyDelete