Tuesday, February 17, 2015

Cereal box mail organizer


You'll never guess what this mail organizer is made out of!!!





OK so maybe you did guess because you've been seeing these pins all over Pinterest lately. I don't know about you but we ALWAYS get mail stacked up. Every time I organize it and get rid of everything you can bet by the end of the week it's all stacked up again. I even have a hanging mail organizer on the side of my counter and this still happens. I hate the way the clutter looks so I don't know why I let this happen all the time. I decided I outta try an organizer for ON TOP of the counter. (because that's always where it ends up). Plus, I already had all the supplies needed for this afternoon project. And I bet you do too!


Supplies:
2 different size cereal boxes. You need to make sure one will fit inside the other.
3 different pattern scrapbook paper.
Box cutter
Tape
Glue
marker



First you're going to cut your largest box. Decide how low you want your first layer to be and draw a line across. Flip it over and measure how tall you want it to be. Last, flip it on the side and connect the front and back lines. Use the box cutter and cut the measurements you just made.


Next you're going to cover your boxes with the Scrapbook paper. Wrap the boxes as you would a present.  I used a wrapping paper on two of them and found it easier to wrap. (you only need to wrap what will be seen).


After you have wrapped both boxes, place the smaller box inside the bigger box and tape the front sides together.


Now it is ready to sit on your counter and gather mail. (At least this way it looks cute while the mail piles up)

Have fun!
XOXO Lacie

1 comment:

  1. There are many ways to go about organizing your accessory. Different methods make more sense depending on your space and what you’re storing. No matter which method you choose, these hanging mail organizer definitely helps you to reduce the space usage. Once again great post man! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete