Tuesday, November 18, 2014

growth chart diy

 

I have been seeing these cute growth charts everywhere and have been wanting one. I just couldn't justify paying the prices they've been asking. Especially when I knew I could do it myself for a heck of a lot cheaper. And I'm going to share it with all of you! 

Run to Home Depot and buy yourself a cheap board. I got this one for a whopping 7 bucks. Paint it whatever color you desire. 

For the background numbers I used a stain. Print off big numbers on separate sheets of paper. Position and tape them to your board. 

Take a sharp edge and trace your numbers onto your board. You need to press hard enough so you can see it when you remove the paper. Once you've traced all your numbers your going to use a stain to color in your numbers. I used a small brush but they make stain pens that would make this very easy. Remember that stain spreads so don't trace right along the edge. 

After the stain has dried you can add your numbers and tallys. For the numbers I used mailbox stickers from Walmart. Only cost me about 4 bucks! 

There you have it.  Your very own growth chart all for barely over $10. Can't beat that!


Side note: I started my measurements 5 inches from the floor because I didn't want it to rest on the floor and I wanted the chart to go past 6 ft. If your going to rest it on the floor you can do regular measurements and the board will be exactly 6 ft. 

XOXO Lacie 

No comments:

Post a Comment