Monday, February 9, 2015

upgrade old furniture

So I've had this entry table ever since we moved in and I've never really been In love with it. I actually have plans to add a old door and turn it into a bench... But that's another story. So, today I finally decided I was sick of it and wanted a change. And that is exactly what I got.

Here is a before photo of the table. See how it's hardly noticed?


Well I today I transformed it to this this.


I bet ya this won't be missed when you first walk in my door. I'm actually pretty excited to see my husband's reaction to this.

At first I was really scared to choose such a bright and bold color, but my front room is so dark and doesn't get much light. At first I tried decorating it with natural colors and all white pillows but I grew sick of how plain it looked. Now that I'm adding more color, I'm noticing the room getting alot more use. And I likey.

All I did was use petroleum jelly on the areas I did not want painted. And spray painted the rest. I love using spray paint whenever possible because it is so quick and easy.



After the paint dried all I did was use a paper towel to wipe away the areas I had applied the jelly to. 


SO easy! And it only took my 2 hours tops to create this new look. I'm loving the way it turned out and how it looks in my front room!



My front room seems so much brighter now. I can't stop walking back into this room.

XOXO Lacie

No comments:

Post a Comment